Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Moment We've all Been Waiting For!

Hello everyone! Greetings from Chongqing China.

I have so much to blog about, but if you are here, I know why. Everyone wants to see pictures of Deanna. Who could blame you? She is so adorable! So I'll post a picture here and then blog more later.

I do have to give a little background first. Deanna and I met Sunday night at about 10:30 pm (10:30 AM in the US). She is very shy and reserved. She smiled for me the first night and the next day. She really likes to be cuddled and kissed. Her muscles are underdeveloped and she can't hug back or put her arms around me, but she throws herself at me so I hold her and she pulls my hair to get my face near hers so I can kiss her.

Today (Tuesday) she laughed out loud for the first time. She thinks her Uncle Dean is hysterical and he had her laughing for a long time today. That was the greatest sound I've ever heard.

Here are some pictures of their laughing session.







9 comments:

Aorijia said...

What a beautiful little girl! I'm sure both of you will be as happy as can be!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Your post about Deanna's laughter warmed my heart. The sound of my daughters laughter is still the greatest sound I have ever heard even after 3 months.

Unknown said...

How precious, thanks for posting!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful to see that dreams really do come true eventually. Dale LID 5/24/06

Debbie said...

your journey to deanna gives me hope as we wait for our lily. she is so so beautiful!!! when you got your referral my 5 year old wanted me to print out deanna's picture b/c she is soooo precious!!! enjoy every moment of your bundle of joy & big time congratulations!

lid: 1/26/06

John & Michelle said...

We are so happy for you and keeping you all in our prayers! You look perfect together!
~Michelle

DEBBIE MILLER said...

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. SHE LOOKS VERY HAPPY. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER IN PERSON.

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful smile she has! Now she will know that she is loved and safe in her Mommy's arms. She will know that she is a part of a very special family. You both look so very happy. We look forward to meeting Deanna. Have a safe trip.
Love & Prayers
Jennifer & family

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Congratulations on your beautiful happy girl!!! Enjoy the rest of your magical journey. Can't wait to see more photos!!

Robin
Adopted Lauren from Xiushan 10/10/06