Saturday, September 1, 2007

My First Blog

Thank you stopping in and reading my first blog - I'm glad you're here.

Today is September 1st. For more than 3 years, I've been on an incredible journey to begin my family. This long wait has been difficult, but my dreams will be coming true in a very short while.

Somewhere, halfway around the world, the CCAA has matched me and a child and we are already a family. Isn't that amazing?

The CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) sends out referrals once a month and we are in the next batch. Rumors say that those referrals are in the air via DHL already. That means I will see my precious daughter's face in a number of days. I've waited 3 years, but these last few days are killing me. But it is so worth it.

Please join me on this journey. Your support means the world to me.

D

2 comments:

Aunt Denise said...

Hi Darlene,

I can't wait to see my new niece!

Love,
Aunt Denise

Barbara said...

Darlene,
I am soooo happy for you! I'm looking forward to holding little Deanna Li. -:)

Barbara